DISTANCE EDUCATION SECTIONS (CORRESPONDENCE COURSE)
Council of Higher Secondary Education, Odisha has implemented Correspondence
Course instead of private appearance of candidates from the academic session 2010-11 in pursuance of Govt. Memo No. 4918 dt. 11.02.2010 in Arts and Commerce Streams. The main concept of the Corrspondeance course is to educate the students thourgh distance learning mode i.e. the education without direct contact between the students and teachers. For this propose three sections namely Distance Education – I,II,III are running in the Council. The course structure, fees and guidelines for admission/Re-admission/ Form fill up are mentioned below.
The course materials have been framed by renowed and experienced subject experts in Self Instruction Method (SIM). Same syllabi have been prescribed for correspondence course students as specified for general stream students. Study materials will be supplied within three months from the date of admission/readmission.
DURATION OF THE COURSE : 2 (two) years.
Eligibility : A candidate must have passed Secondary Examination of BSE, Odisha, Cuttack or any other equivalent examination of Other Boards.
EXAMINATION SYSTEM :
The Correspondence Course students will appear Higher
Secondary Examination as per the examination schedule notified for general stream students.
ADMISSION INTO 1ST YEAR COURSE:
Sale of application forms for admission into 1st
year course will commence from the month of July/August each year soon after the
Publication of results of HSC examination conducted by the BSE, Odisha, Cuttack and will continue for 2 (two) months. Re-admission for 2nd year course will commence from the month of September for one month.
GUIDELINES FOR STUDENTS UNDER CORRESPONDENCE COURSE :
- The admission forms will be available at the Main Office of CHSE Odisha,
Bhubaneswar.the Zonal Offices of CHSE at Baripada / Sambalpur & Berhampur.
- . No application for admission will be entertained after due date as notified by the Council from time to time.
- No application shall be entertained unless it is properly filled in all respect and
submitted along with necessary documents.
- . Any fees deposited once shall not be refunded or adjusted under any
circumstances. Hence every student must verify his eligibility before depositing
any amount to the council.
- Admission to 2nd year course after completion of 1st year of study is mandatory provision
under regulation. One who fails to take admission in the 2nd year after completion of
1s* year, has to take admission in the 2nd year course with in 5 years from the date of
admission into 1st year course, paying. Rs.500/- late fee for the said purpose.
- Controller of Examinations is the authority for all examination related matters.
The examination regulation shall be valid under all circumstances.
- Council will not be a Centre of examination.
- . It is the responsibility of the 2nd year students to keep contact with the office
of the Council/Zonal Offices of CHSE during the Month of June & October of each
year to avoid postal missing of information if any, related to Admission / Readmission
/ form fill up.
- Practical examination in Education will be conducted at the examination centre
as per the examination programme of the council.
- . Identity Card will be issued to the students on completion of admission process.
Duplicate Identity card will be issued on payment of Rs.50/- Rupees Fifty only.
- Students have to make their own arrangement for staying during personal contact
programme and at the time of examination period.
SUBJECTS INTRODUCED UNDER CORRESPONDENCE COURSE :
ARTS COURSE STRUCTURE
2) MIL (O) / AE / Sanskrit / Hindi /
Bengali / Urdu / Telgu (Any one).
Elective Subject - History, Pol. Sc., Education, Economics,
(any four) Sanskrit, Sociology, Oriya, Logic
Compulsory - English
MIL (O) / AE / Sanskrit / Hindi /
Bengali / Urdu / Telgu
Elective Subjects -
- Accountancy I & II
- Business Studies and Management I & II.
- Business Mathematics and Statistics.
Out of the following Nine subjects are one will be taken as fourth elective.
- Fundamental of Management Accounting.
- Cost Accounting.
- Company Accounts.
- Rural Development
- Commercial Banking
- Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship
- Commercial Geography
English -100 English -100
MIL -100 MIL -100
Elective - 400 Elective - 400
Total - 600 Total - 600
Practical Subject: Theory - 70 Practical - 30
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED ALONG WITH APPLICATION FORM :
- Filled in application form, address slip.
- Orginal SLC/CLC
- Orginal certificate at the time of admission.
- Attested copies of marksheet.
- Orginal migration certificate (for Boards other than BSES Orissa)
- Five seff addressed envelopes 11 x5cm (unstamped)
- Stamp size photographs 5 nos.
- The students other than B.S.E Orissa, have to deposit Rs.100/- towards migration fees.
|Arts & Commerce ||Admission Fees ||Registration Fees||Exam Fees ||Corpus Fund Fees|
|1st Year ||Rs. 2000 ||Rs. 51 ||100||500|
|2nd Year||Rs. 2000 |
Form Fillup Fees
Payment of all dues shall be made in shape of pay-in-slip deposited in favour of
“Finance Officer CHSE, Odisha, Bhubaneswar at Union Bank of India, Samantapur Branch, Bhubaneswar.